Thursday, July 28, 2011

Surprise!! sacramento

My friend Angela and I have been friends for over 15 years.  Beginning in about February she has begun telling me that she is going to have a BIG 30th Birthday party this year, and that I better be there.  As I was getting ready to leave California with an uncertain return date, she kept persisting in the fact that I MUST be at her birthday.  I kept saying that it is impossible for me to just fly in for that.  That it would be around a $300 expense that I just could not afford, with my new lifestyle of – Nothing. 
As summer approached her persistence intensified.  She used all kinds of measures to persuade me.  She bribed me with a deal of not having to give her any birthday gifts for the next 10 years, stating it was a great deal if I look at it in the long run.  She had all kinds of attempts.  I couldn’t believe how insistent she was on me being there.  With all that determination, I began to pray for God to make a way for me to surprise her on her special day. 
My friend kept asking, kept telling, kept nagging about me coming, and I just couldn’t resist. The verse that God has been solidifying in my heart lately is Matthew 7:8 “Those who Ask, RECEIVE.” And He made a way for me to purchase the tickets to be in Sacramento for her party.  I was vividly seeing the truth of that verse.
“Although he will not get up and supply him anything because he is a friend, yet because of his shameless persistence and insistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.    For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives.” (Luke 11:8,10)
My short visit to Sacramento was a gift for me as well as for my friend.  It was an honor to be at her party, which proved to be a lovely event.  I loved surprising many other friends with my sudden appearance. 
Besides seeing my sweetest nieces and nephew, and visiting with family, there were many other pleasant moments in my week.   Kessie assisted me in surprising Kathy.  I showed up in Fresno unexpected just on the day Zina and Larisa returned from their missions trip in Portugal and Spain.  Spent a lovely early morning breakfast with Lida & Gena, and visited Edik & Lilya's new home. 
I met with my sweetest friend Anichka Tyulyu at Crepeville, one of our favorite spots.  My last bittersweet quick stop was at Alternatives PC on my way to the airport.  Overall it was a good visit filled with excitement and an opportunity to finish sorting thru my things.  
Thru this week, there was also a sense of confirmation that I must leave Sacramento.  Being gone 1 month in obedience to the Lord, and having a chance to return just solidified for me the need to venture out unto the path that the Lord is laying out for me.  I am more confident than ever that HE will take care of me.  And if I shall ever be in need, I can just ask…  For I am convinced, that everyone who asks – receives!!
3 friends for years

my nieces


davidka
kessie, sam & i

my sweet kathy

first tea party upon their return

larisa & zina telling of their mission trip to portugal & spain


The Kitsen Fam @ their new home

another Kitsen fam, after our early breakfast-prayer date

cutest eva dyadchenko

my friend anya tb

crepeville, sacramento

@ center in my ex-office.  Missed my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment