Saturday, August 13, 2011

kids camp, wa 2011

Being in a kid’s camp again was great.  Last time I was part of a kids camp was in 2005. I didn’t’ realize how I’ve missed being with the kids.  There was such a nostalgic feeling about being there.  For what ‘was’, not for what was happening at the moment.  The memories of the good ol’ days, flooded me.  I was transported back to the time when we used to organize camps.  The stress, the responsibility, planning, praying and prepping, friendships and working side by side sacrificing yourself for the kids, the beauty of giving yourself away for others.
This camp was way more advanced of course.  I don’t remember even having a power point in our kid’s camp, not to mention editing movie clips as part of group’s assignments.  It was so awesome to be a part of the team, yet it all seemed so distant.  I felt like it was ‘mine’ but no longer mine.  I felt detached.  Like I was trying to resurrect memories that I’ve had previous in my life which was no longer reality.  I envied the passion and excitement of some.  I’ve missed it. I don’t have that spark any longer.  What happened? 
I remembered I’ve had this feeling before.  After 4 years of college life, having had so many memories and experiences, my soul was touched to the core during those years.  It was bitter sweet to leave the campus where such a vital part of my life has taken place.  The nostalgic feeling remained, and I lived missing the ‘college years experience.’  I  thought that if I would only return it will all be the same again.  It was several months after I had the opportunity to visit the campus, and having graduated and gone from it for a time, everything seemed different.  People were different, atmosphere has changed, and I was no longer a part of it. It was time for me to move on.  The feeling that life goes on without you, and that you are no longer a vital part of ‘that’ existence, brought tears to my eyes then.  Now thinking back, I remember it as a growing and maturing stepping stone in my walk with Christ.  Realizing that a new season in my life has begun.
 THiS was a reminder of THaT.
It brings tears to my eyes even now, thinking about how things have changed, and how I no longer feel a part of the ‘camp culture.’
  I miss it.  My heart grieves for it. 
Yet I realize that things will not be the same again.   God has something else in store for me.  Although Kids Camps will forever hold a special place in my heart, I can only look back at it with a sentimental reminder of how the Lord began His vivid work in me and showed me the reality of His presence during my years in camping ministry.  
GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!
That is ONE experience from my camp years I will never forget!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment