Thursday, August 25, 2011

no manna on a sabbath

Exodus 16:25  "Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the LORD. You will not find any of it on the ground today.

During the actual Sabbath day – it is hard to FIND the manna on the ground. Well, it is impossible – because it is NOT there. I was wondering why it is hard for me to ‘hear’ the Lord as I used to, during my ‘normal’ life. But Now – I see that during rest we must do just that – REST. Lay low. Stay quiet. Sleep. Pray. Read. Spend time with God, in His presence is PEACE. But that also means that there is no WORK to be done.

There is NO MANNA on SABBATH.

It’s like I WANT Food. I want Revelations. I want the freshness of His Word.

But there is NONE.

I keep searching for it. I must live on what I have gathered before. I must eat off of that. I must trust the Lord to give me more when this season is over.

I am trying to hear from God – but just can not. I was growing wrestles because of how I was feeling. Feeling “Distant” and “Still.” In this stillness I have realized that I have learned to hear Gods voice among the noise of everyday stresses. I am so used to the ‘long distance’ relationship, filled with a busy schedule and sneaking away and find moments with Him. To seek His presence was a task, an effort on my part. Now, I am constantly in His presence, and I do not know how to hear Him when He is so near. I can’t. The silence and stillness is somewhat deafening.

Peace.

Although this is foreign territory, I am surrounded by incredible peace without and within. He said: “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Ex33:14). And I AM Resting. Possibly for the First time EVER. In His Presence there is Rest. Peace.

“He MAKES me lie down in green pastures..”(Ps 23:2) Against my will, He is making me be still. I’d rather be surrounded with people. Serving, loving, listening, praying. Yet He isolates me. He knows more of what I need, as I am His stubborn little sheep.

I thought this was a time for me to get strong. To gather new information and insight from the Lord, upon what He will have me do. Instead, His word sais I can NOT Gather during a season of Rest.

I can not Gather Now, for later. There just ISN”T anything available. This gentle realization came in a form of revelation. It calms my Spirit. THANK You Lord! Thank You for speaking this to me. I want to embrace this time and chew on all that You have given me prior to this season.

This also is reassuring because I know this ‘day’ will pass and I will have to ‘work’ again. Work in His Kingdom. Work for His Glory. And more, fresh MANNA will be given to me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment