Friday, June 3, 2011

Light of His Presence


I was gifted this little devotional book as a good bye gift.  With all my luggage already firmly packed I was contemplating whether to take it with me.  Then stuck it in my purse among other several books, journal & 2 bibles (eng&ru).   
When I was on the airplane I finally read the devotion for June 1st.  Since I have been anticipating this day, as the beginning of this new season of my life I was excited to see what God had in store for me.  Now imagine as I was preparing and praying for the baggage overweight, flight, customs, questions, foreign country, etc. and this is what God had in store to tell me… may you be blessed by these words as well:

June 1st. “I AM INVOLVED in each moment of your life.  I have carefully mapped out every inch of your journey through this day, even though much of it may feel haphazard.  Because the world is in a fallen condition, things always seem to be unraveling around the edges.  Expect to find trouble in this day.  At the same time, trust that My way is perfect, even in the midst of such messy imperfection. 
Stay conscious of Me as you go through this day, remembering that I never leave your side.  Let the Holy Spirit guide you step by step, protecting you from unnecessary trials and equipping you to get through whatever must be endured.  As you trudge through the places with Me.  Thus the Light of My Presence shines on you, giving you Peace and Joy that circumstances cannot touch.” 

  I have been touched by this little book every day on this journey so far, and want to share with you.

June 2nd.  “RELAX IN MY HEALING, holy Presence.  Be Still, while I transform your heart and mind. Let go of cares and worries, so that you can receive My Peace.  Cease striving, and know that I am God… It is through knowing me intimately that you become like Me.  This requires spending time alone with Me. Let go, relax, be still, and know that I am God.

God has called me to REST.  He has been speaking this to me in all kinds of ways and forms for the last few months, and this was just a firm confirmation that He is very Serious about me resting.   

The warm welcome in Kiev, the peaceful lovely morning in the beautiful home where we stayed, the serenity of the early morning (woke up at 4:28am – the joy of switching continents) all proved to be a part of His magnificent provision for my rest.   




I was not sorry I woke up so early,  spending quite moments in such a gorgeous location in His presence can Never be compensated with any amount of comfort or sleep. 




June 3rd.  “I WANT TO BE CENTRAL in your entire being.  When your focus is firmly on Me, My Presence displaces fears and worries.” 
How incredible it was to read these words surrounded by such vivid beauty.  The Lord provided all the surroundings for my heart to so willingly respond to His call of rest and trust. 

The peace that settled deep within my heart I will treasure throughout this entire journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment