Friday, September 16, 2011

new talent

So I had no idea I can draw, or that I like doing it.
When I was little I used to take art lessons, but that was over 20 years ago.  
As a friend was preparing for her dads big birthday event, she kept looking for someone to draw pictures of Saint Petersburg for decorations.  I felt a nudge from the Lord to offer to help.  My immediate response was: ‘ come on, I do not draw.’ But then a thought:  “Jesus can do it!” 
“I can do ALL things in Him” has always been my favorite verse! J
I offered to try.  The first painting proved to be a great success. I looked at it and thought – IT IS GOOD.  As I continued this pursuit, I realized how exciting it was to CREATE. 
We are created by the Creator in His image, thus we can create, and IT IS GOOD!  J
I kept drawing all day, and did the final drawings the next morning.  It was so much fun!!!
I guess with more TIME, things starts surfacing that are normally buried in the chaos of schedules and chores.  I wonder how much untapped talent is walking around me.
Maybe I shall continue to develop this unveiled skill I never thought I had.










No comments:

Post a Comment